Friday November 21, 2008
Rogue Folk Review
The December issue of the Rogue Folk Review is now available online. It went into the mail on Friday morning as well, so you should receive it on Monday or Tuesday.
Later this morning I'll be on CiTR fm 101.9 (8am to noon) for 4 hours of the best in folk & roots & world music. You can also listen live on the net at www.citr.ca. It's the second week of our Fundrive. Thanks so much to everyone who called in became a Friend of CiTR and pledged money. Your support is very much appreciated! Tomorrow, I'll have Pacific Pickin' hosts Andrea & Arthur Berman answering the phones on 604-822-8648. Everyone who joins tomorrow will receive a CD. More than one if you pledge more than the minimum (an extra CD for each incremental pledge.
- $30 gets you a CD and a CITR Friends card (with discounts around town)
- $60 gets you two CDs and a CiTR Friends card and a CITR t-shirt
- $101.9 gets you three CDs and a CiTR Friends card and a Limited Edition CITR t-shirt
- $150 gets you four CDs and 2 CiTR Friends card and a Limited Edition CITR t-shirt and a CiTR hoodie
- $200 gets you five CDs and 2 CiTR Friends card and a Limited Edition CITR t-shirt and a CiTR hoodie and a ticket to the wrap-up party at the Biltmore (or to see Shooglenifty at the Rogue)
- $250 gets you six CDs and 2 CiTR Friends card and a Limited Edition CITR t-shirt and a CiTR hoodie and a ticket to the wrap-up party at the Biltmore (or to see Shooglenifty at the Rogue) and entry into the Grand Prize Draws at The Biltmore
You can also pledge online. Please mention my show and my premiums. If you pledged last week, contact me for the extra premiums.
Grand Cariboo Opry at St. James Hall
Join Barney Bentall, Ridley Bent, Kendel Carson, Leslie Alexander, Wendy Bird, Jon Ellis, Dustin Bentall, Geoffrey Kelly and friends for a good old-fashioned hoedown, with a distinctive Canadian flavour. Proceeds go to Potluck Cafe Society, which provides thousands of meals to the homeless in the Downtown East Side every year. It's a really good show. We saw it on Friday. It's on again tonight, Saturday 22nd, at 7:30pm. There's free food and a cash bar and a silent auction for some great stuff, and the music is excellent. And your money goes to a good cause, too. Tickets on www.ticketweb.ca and at the door. $39.95
Don Ross & Brooke Miller, Thursday November 27th, 8pm at St. James Hall, 3214 West 10th Avenue
A treat for fans of guitar music and song, especially as performed by amazing musicians from Canada. Tickets are still available on 604-736-3022, and online, and also at Highlife Records and Rufus' Guitar Shop. Full details...
Shooglenifty, Saturday November 29th, 8pm at St. James Hall, 3214 West 10th Avenue
This will be great fun, as the wild Scots (and an Aussie on mandolin) bring their unique blend of fiddle music and driving dance beats to the Rogue once again. Tickets are still available on 604-736-3022, and online, and also at Highlife Records and Rufus' Guitar Shop. Full details...
See you at The Rogue!